Blog > The Pitch – Deadline extended
The Pitch – Deadline extended
Deadline extended until Monday 11th of August
The Pitch - ‘Pitch’ your idea for a Fun Palace & win up to £500
What is The Pitch?
The Pitch, is part of The Knowledge Festival, Oxford House’s annual arts festival. This year’s Pitch theme is around the idea of Fun Palaces.
Great. I like it so what is a Fun Palace?
Anyone and everyone is welcome to make a Fun Palace and they can be anything you want them to be. The principles are that it is Free, Local, Innovative, Transformative and Engaging.
Fun Palaces are about fun and learning, participating and making together: a space where arts and sciences meet. You can make or join a Fun Palace in whatever way best suits your community, with play, experiments, stories and games. More info here
Guidelines for Fun Palaces
Very simple. Your Fun Palace projects needs to be:
- FREE: Fun Palaces are free.
- LOCAL: Fun Palaces have community involvement, engagement and participation at heart. To make a local Fun Palace you agree to ask local people what they would like to do.
- INNOVATIVE: Fun Palaces find new ways to bring arts and sciences together.
- TRANSFORMATIVE: Fun Palaces intend to transform the place/spaces you are working in, they transform the makers, and they transform the participants. We expect to be different after we have engaged with Fun Palaces.
- ENGAGING: Fun Palaces are about full participation. Sitting and listening is fine, as long as we also include opportunities to have a go.
How do I apply?
Submit your idea using the proposal form to can download here.
How do you select the winning Pitch?
- Complete the proposal form below setting out your idea for a Fun Palace by email 2pm on 11 August. Sorry, late entries will not be accepted
- We will short list 6 ideas by Wednesday 13th August and invite you to ‘Pitch’ them at the Knowledge Festival using a PechaKucha format, i.e. you create a pitch of your idea using 20 PowerPoint slides to be presented in 4 minutes max!
- The Pitch takes place at 5pm on Friday 19th September at Oxford House.
- Our panel of judges will select 3 winners who use their prize money to develop & present their idea at the Oh! Fun Palace on weekend of 5- 6 October.